The Clinton Township Police Department was established in 1962 in response to the needs of a growing community; a community faced with many new challenges that required enforcement of state laws, local ordinances, and service to the community. Once established, the Department developed standards of conduct which have become the core principles of our mission, click here to read our mission and value statements.
The Clinton Township Police Department consists of 25 full time sworn officers covering 33.9 square miles, with a population of about 12,900. The department’s goal is twofold, providing quality service to the public while furnishing a good work environment to our employees. We dedicate our service to the public, providing a safe and secure community in which to live and raise families. In addition, we strive to create a healthy and desirable work atmosphere for the officers. Employees are encouraged to contribute to the operation of the department. As a result, many assignments are distributed on a voluntary basis. Such involvement enhances creativity and boosts moral.
We offer many programs to the public:
- Drug education (both in and outside the schools), l.D. Programs, Crime Stopping Programs, TIPS Hotline (908) 713-6056
- Specialized units dealing with crime and traffic, Gypsy Scams, etc.
Please visit the menu above for additional information about the police department.
Important Phone Numbers:
- Emergency (Police, Fire, Ambulance): 9-1-1
- Police Desk (non-emergency): (908) 735-6000
- Officer-in-Charge, Lieutenant Thomas DeRosa: (908) 735-6000 ext. 216
- TIPS Hotline: (908) 713-6056
- Email a Tip
- Crime Stoppers, Report Crime Anonymously: (800) 321-0010, www.crimestoppershunterdon.com
Clinton Township Police Department ORI Number: NJ0100600
Professional Standards Performance Report – 2018